Medical Alerts and News


    Certificates of Veterinary Inspection:

    Certificates of Veterinary Inspection (health certificates) are required for the transportation of most animals. Depending on where and why you are moving an animal, there are international, federal, and state regulations that must be met prior to any transportation of livestock across jurisdictions. Even within a state, movement to a horse show, state park, or equine event may require a health certificate and/or a current negative Coggins test. Requirements for a health certificate may vary depending on the state of destination; always check with our office prior to traveling and don’t wait until the last moment.

    Interstate Travel:

    United States Department of Agriculture


    Bristol Veterinary Service is well versed in starting and maintaining passports for those horses requiring them for competition. For more information on acquiring an equine passport, follow the link below.

    Horse Passports
    Horse Services